Language Learning Resource Center
Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
The Language Learning Resource Center (LLRC) of the Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics is located at 134 Eiesland Hall, Hough Street, on the downtown campus of WVU.
The LLRC’s mission is to assist students with the study of world languages and cultures providing a wide variety of language learning resources and technology equipment. Additionally the LLRC aims to facilitate the positive integration of technology into on-going language instruction by providing instructors equipment and Information Technology resources for their language learning activities and projects.
The LLRC also serves the Department of World Languages by providing administration and proctoring of WebCAPE – foreign language placement exams, SPEAK Test, OWL Testing Server access, and individual world language course exam proctoring.
The LLRC provides the following resources:
- Online Language Study Resources click here
- Language Testing Center.
- Support for faculty and technology assisted curriculum development.
The LLRC is open to faculty, students and staff of the Department of World Languages and the Intensive English Program.
LLRC Reservations Calendars:
Click the links below to review the scheduling calendars for Language Learning Resource Center laboratories.
Fall 2015 Student Access Hours:
313 Hodges Hall
– The Student Lab, Walk-in Access
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9:00-4:45
- Tuesday: 9:00-5:00
134 Eiesland Hall: Language Testing Lab
– The Testing Lab is available for administration of exams and instructor led class activities. Students may take proctored exams at their convenience during open hours, unless the lab has been reserved by an instructor.
- Monday and Wednesday: 9:00-1:00 and 2:00-5:00
- Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00-10:00 and 1:00-5:00
- Friday: 9:00-1:00 and 2:30-5:00
B22 Eiesland Hall
– Use of this classroom lab is by course instructor reservation.
Reservation requests for the Testing Lab and the Classroom Lab can be made by email or by use of the reservation link above. Reserved Hours are updated weekly in the LLRC Online Calendar. The calendar can be viewed at http://calendar.wvu.edu/llrc .
– Foreign Language Placement Exams:
- On-line anytime: Click Here
- During Student Walk-in hours
- By Appointment
- All other access by appointment
West Virginia University
P.O. Box 6297
Morgantown, WV 26506
- Phone: (304) 293-3769
- Fax: (304) 293-8642
- Email: LLRC